Measuring Results From Training Workshop
- 0/10 Students
- Soft Skills
- 0 Lessons /0 Quizes
Although we all know that training can have many amazing benefits, sometimes it can be hard to prove those benefits and attach a dollar value to training. Some topics, like sales training or time management, might have direct, tangible benefits. Other topics, like communication or leadership, might have benefits that you can’t put a dollar value on.
Our Measuring Results From Training course, your leaders will learn about the different ways to evaluate training progress, and how to use those results to demonstrate the results that training brings. Once the training has been evaluated the next step is to modify and updated the curriculum to create a content that is better suited for your company.
What attendees will learn
- Understand Kolb’s learning styles and learning cycle
- Understand Kirkpatrick’s levels of evaluation
- Be familiar with many types of evaluation tools, including goal setting, tests, reactionary sheets, interviews, observations, hip-pocket assessments, skill assessments, and learning journals
- Understand when to use each type of evaluation tool
- Be able to perform a needs assessment
- Know how to write learning objectives and link them to evaluation
- Be able to write an evaluation plan to evaluate learning at each stage of the training and far beyond
- Know how to identify the costs, benefits, and return on investment of training
- Be familiar with the parts of a business case
The recommended audience for the course is any supervisor or manager that leads teams and conducts training and is desiring to the measure and increase the effectiveness of their training sessions.
This course consists of a 1 day training session divided into 12 modules, with multiple in-session evaluations to measure the learners understanding of course material.
- Getting Started
- Kolb’s Learning Styles
- Kirkpatrick’s Levels of Evaluation
- Types of Measurement Tools
- Focusing the Training
- Creating an Evaluation Plan
- Assessing Learning Before Training
- Assessing Learning During Training
- Assessing Learning After Training
- The Long Term View
- Calculating the Return on Investment (ROI)
- Wrapping Up