Delivering Constructive Criticism Workshop
- 0/10 Students
- Soft Skills
- 0 Lessons /0 Quizes
Delivering Constructive Criticism is one of the most challenging things for anyone. Through this workshop your supervisors will gain valuable knowledge and skills that will assist them with this challenging task. When an employee commits an action that requires feedback or criticism it needs to be handled in a very specific way.
Constructive Criticism if done correctly will provide great benefits to your organization. It provides the ability for management to nullify problematic behaviors and develop well rounded and productive employees. Constructive feedback shows an employee that management cares about them and will invest time and effort into their careers.
What attendees will learn
- Understand when feedback should take place
- Learn how to prepare and plan to deliver constructive criticism
- Determine the appropriate atmosphere in which it should take place
- Identify the proper steps to be taken during the session
- Know how emotions and certain actions can negatively impact the effects of the session
- Recognize the importance of setting goals and the method used to set them
- Uncover the best techniques for following up with the employee after the session
The recommended audience for the course is any supervisor, or manager tasked with the responsibility of leading, correcting and developing employees.
This course consists of a 1 day training session divided into 12 modules, with multiple in-session evaluations to measure the learners understanding of course material.
- Getting Started
- When Should Feedback Occur
- Preparing and Planning
- Choosing a Time and Place
- During the Session
- Being Collaborative
- Setting Goals
- Diffusing Anger or Negative Emotions
- What Not to Do
- After the Session
- Planning for the Future
- Wrapping Up