Creative Problem Solving
- 0/10 Students
- Soft Skills
- 0 Lessons /0 Quizes
In the past few decades, psychologists and business people alike have discovered that successful problem solvers tend to use the same type of process to identify and implement the solutions to their problems. This process works for any kind of problem, large or small.
The Creative Problem-Solving workshop will give participants an overview of the entire creative problem-solving process, as well as key problem-solving tools that they can use every day. Skills such as brainstorming, information gathering, analyzing data, and identifying resources will be covered throughout the workshop.
What attendees will learn
- Understand problems and the creative problem-solving process
- Identify types of information to gather and key questions to ask in problem solving
- Identify the importance of defining a problem correctly
- Identify and use four different problem definition tools
- Write concrete problem statements
- Use basic brainstorming tools to generate ideas for solutions
- Evaluate potential solutions against criteria, including cost/benefit analysis and group voting
- Perform a final analysis to select a solution
- Understand the roles that fact and intuition play in selecting a solution
- Understand the need to refine the shortlist and redefine it
- Understand how to identify the tasks and resources necessary to implement solutions
- Evaluate and adapt solutions to reality
The recommended audience for the course is any employee, supervisor, or manager tasked with the responsibility of solving or being a part of and addressing workplace problems.
This course consists of a 1 day training session divided into 12 modules, with multiple in-session evaluations to measure the learners understanding of course material.
- Getting Started
- The Problem-Solving Method
- Information Gathering
- Problem Definition
- Preparing for Brainstorming
- Generating Solutions
- Additional Solutions
- Analyzing Solutions
- Selecting a Solution
- Planning Your Next Steps
- Recording Lessons Learned
- Wrapping Up