Coaching and Mentoring Workshop
- 0/10 Students
- Soft Skills
- 0 Lessons /0 Quizes
Upon review of your team’s performance reports, you notice your low performing employee failed to meet quota this month. This employee has a great attitude and you know they can do better. You just do not know how to motivate them to reach the goal. You are baffled and you know being frustrated makes matters worse. What do you do?
The Coaching And Mentoring course focuses on how to better coach your employees to higher performance. Coaching is a process of relationship building and setting goals. How well you coach is related directly to how well you are able to foster a great working relationship with your employees through understanding them and strategic goal setting.
What attendees will learn
- Define coaching, mentoring and the GROW model.
- Identify and set appropriate goals using the SMART technique of goal setting.
- Identify the steps necessary in defining the current state or reality of your employee’s situation.
- Identify the steps in developing a finalized plan and getting your employee motivated.
- Identify the benefits of building and fostering trust with your employee.
- Identify the steps in giving effective feedback while maintaining trust
- Identify when the coaching is at an end and transitioning to other growth opportunities
- Identify the difference between mentoring and coaching
The recommended audience for the course is any supervisor or manager tasked with leading, working with and developing employees within your company.
This course consists of a 1 day training session divided into 12 modules, with multiple in-session evaluations to measure the learners understanding of course material.
- Getting Started
- Defining Coaching and Mentoring
- Setting Goals
- Understanding the Realities
- The Importance of Trust
- Providing Feedback
- Overcoming Roadblocks
- Reaching the End
- Developing Options
- Next Step Planning
- How Mentoring Differs from Coaching
- Wrapping Up